Monday, October 29, 2012

Good Friends and Real Enemies

Are equally challenging to find. I do my best to be one or the other most of the time.

This week I help a friend with their barn building; only they're a wine maker and the building is picking second harvest fruit in the wee hours of the night. My feet, legs, spine throb from standing and moving and not enough time sitting. As they say, Girl, you aint got no rest on my ass

So I work and sometimes I count the hours in the morning while I am still in bed until I get off of work. I go through the day and know that I can manage my energy stores just long enough to get through the day, into the evening, out into the night.

Fall is upon us. The leaves change and the rotting oak leaves are pungent. I notice the days dip into shadow and the fierce angle of the sun lends a richness to the light. I am enchanted, lonely, in love every five minutes for five minutes.

No comments: