Monday, September 08, 2014

Dark Morning of the Soul

It's hazy sunshine this morning. I am having a real fit because I want to take art classes and to drop both my statistics as well as another major requirement course. What's a lady to do?
I am also struggling with a few other small things, such as laundry and not be able to completely give up smoking. I hate that the most. Laundry. In other news my focus issues have not improved in the last 36 hours. I am all over the place and exercise would help, but again, laundry.

I am drinking coffee and listening to the birds. The idea that they fly many thousands of miles to survive is thrilling. This season I will become a twitcher, binoculars and tweed and my camera. It seems almost indecent to watch as thousands of migrating creatures are following their instincts and I can simply follow them. I would love nothing more than to spend the spring in the Southwest. I would like to watch the desert awaken, that brief moment when the cactus flower and life in the arid expanse explodes into color. 

I had a friend in New Mexico. I wonder where the road has taken them. Some people have restless boots, other people put down long dusty roots. The energetic reserve I have saved to start school seems depleted. I think it may be working overtime almost every week. It's loud with so many people talking talking talking their voices swirl through the air, I pull a single thread of dialog out, football, beer, fall, before the voices overlap again and become a din of murmurs.




No comments: