Thursday, November 20, 2014

Renegade Heart

of mine longs
to linger over our perfection

***

Today the library was having a book sale. I bought five. I am thrilled. I am also now behind on my reading. All of the books and projects pile into folders and stacks. The words against the grain linger on my tongue.

Amiss, I feel that. Perhaps, again, as always these days, it is the annual circadian rhythm that takes me back to places of emotion. I have set a standard that is within reach yet I watch my eclipse. The cold has overtaken me, it is almost winter.

**

I have suitors: those who would presume to know me; an other whom I adore. It gets lost in language. I am, again, against the grain. I wonder if they would like me in deep disguise. More precisely I wonder if they could help outfit the disguise, help refine the longing.

*

It is now later than I would like; I have a stack of As to keep in line and the clock seems unwilling to wait for me. 

No comments: