Monday, June 11, 2012

Long winding roads make me hungry

for taco bell
and sleeping with my back against a tree

I took the long way home and three hours later, cold, hungry, and short on red bull I ate some burritos and tried to smoke and make sense of the previous twenty-four hours while I slept with my back against the trunk of a tree.

The nagging and unrelenting feeling that people invite me around only to have a nice good laugh about it later remains a constant sensation that I feel the third right rib. I am sure someday someone will rename that bone.

Then in and out of pretense. I am satisfied with who I am in life. I've got it made, just not yet on paper. I have a tendency to hate on people who are my age and pretty.

I have issues with intimacy, personal space, trust, reliance, respect, attachment, boundaries, social engagement and dynamics, power, sex, money, motivation, and god: would you like to grab coffee and talk about baseball?

This is what I've learned this week: never get separated from star-bright: your ability to leave is your ability to be cool in your socks; travel with a sleeping bag, sunscreen, snacks, water, and headlamp; I am not super much into house music.

The balance of dignity and truth and being cool. I'll take my wheels and a red bull over being cool.

No comments: