Monday, July 07, 2014

Gathering Roses

You, who are the petals and blooms
link hand and arm into a chain of memories laughter secrets hidden behind gestures,

and I, who sleeps long hard nights of shifting dreams and reclaimed histories,
are friends

Today is success on toast.

I am getting close to knowing my next step. The pieces are in place. I heard that my student loan application is being processed by the school of my choice, I contacted the DMV for information about how to transfer across state lines, I have a bank account that can pay for these things.

I am attempting to manage things from states away a distance that makes organization challenging and exciting. I want so many things so quickly it is hard to sit and make the time to be clear. Part of that clarity is that I have long and lasting friends here in Seattle. Beautiful wonderful people who stretch back a decade or more. We have nights remembered and more forgotten in the brown haze of youth and addiction. I am in love with these people because now we are bodies rather than ideas.

I have friends here that are new to me; I have a home in my heart that I will not abandon. Historical Chaya had wonderful taste. I savor these moments of knowing that we are close, that there will be more, that we are all connected and in this together. Distance seems less now that I am connected to my body.

We are coming world. Brush, lens, pen in hand we are dream-weaver shadow-dancers made flesh of the world.

Boom Boom


No comments: