Wednesday, July 30, 2014

second stage

at the seatac airport. I'm moderately awake and appropriately nervous.

*when the cost of business is too high*

it's taken my mind months to program new tributaries, equal amounts wary and resolute.

I have a chance to shake the dust and shake shake shake I will in the moments of darkness when the wind howls and blankets are not enough

I have thick gold lacquer and a long memory.

when I hear the deep diesel rumble of a passing rig that shakes the earth I count back to zero and know

I have thick goodbyes and long hellos ahead of me.

this is the thank you for secrets and coffee and shake shake shake our whispers of glee

the long open road and the hum of never again fingers around my throat, insidious words of poison in my heart, of all this and more as we live and breath

to safe arms and long legs stretched out into tomorrow. I am strong and my eyebrows snap archly.

history, I hear, is told by the victors.

to no more victories and no more wars. I dance in my shadow and light the moon.

No comments: