Sunday, July 20, 2014

Toast

My phone took a swim
I have a replacement coming in a few days, I ordered one a week ago as I had a premonition that this one was ill-fated. It's funny knowing things before they happen. Is it really the tail that wags the dog?

A kind person brought me two phones so that I wouldn't be phoneless. It seems like a giant hassle to have to call my phone company twice this week to set up, rearrange service.

I am on the fence about acts of kindness these days. On one side it's a really nice phone and they don't want it back. They also didn't wipe it so I have way too much access to their personal data. On the other side, this level of trust is strange, we are nearly strangers. He said something along the lines of not wanting me to ride the bus without a phone. Safety alert! I am trying not to turn into a complete fucking bitch these days. I am curious what is unsafe about riding a bus and how having a phone would help. I am hands, feet, nails, teeth. More, I am the girl who leaves bags of cookies outside for the Ave Rats with giant letters that say "food." I didn't ask for a phone. I wasn't offered a phone. I was given two. He'd like one back.

One more shift left at the shop. I have learned a boatload there. I repaired some super fancy gear today which gave me a boner. Reverse engineering and putting fragile, expensive machines together makes me bite my lip.

No comments: