Saturday, January 17, 2015

Gypsy Woman Gonna Steal My Soul

My body aches in places no one sees

I had to do the dirty work this week: sit down and explain why, no, we're not going to work.

That's the thing about the free market: everybody's a day trader.

***time-lapse one year***

my ex Used to embarrass me, make jokes how he had ruined me for other men, and then make a tired joke about hotdogs and hallways.
k
**present**

I think about this this morning as I wake
(pulled back into my body and away from the dreams that fill my nights)
how strange that he didn't ruin my body but rather my heart that remains in a complex labyrinth, reflected across an infinity of shadows and dashes of light.

*ongoing*

The very things people are attracted (you're so free, beautiful, charismatic, I am unbelievably and it's unknowable why I crave the scent of your body) become things that they take ownership over. That attraction is limited to them, that their interest negates the interest of others. Or, at the very least, I should refrain from acknowledging anyone else.

Ownership.

And, if it is in my best interest to halt to stop to innervate the issue, I am at fault. Grow the fuck up people. It's just a thing. Don't make me be anyone who I am not. I am not here for your pleasure, I am not here to help you identify with some broken piece of your soul. I am ruthless, selfish, and predominately a dude about intimacy. Don't ask me to change and I won't call you on your bullshit. I won't tell you what I really think about people who use the word love while naked.

Dealership

A test drive is nice, but realistically everyone wants to drive a Buick.
I am not a Buick.


1 comment:

snip,snip said...

LOVE. They excite themselves with the presence of a lion, then pout and cry and yell that it won't turn into a kitty cat.

Sniff, sniff bitches.


I love you.